Rooster frustrations !!!

Often folks with a bad roo will let him free range permanently until someone or thing takes him
It's cold winter here,I live deep in woods and only have one shed I turned into coop . Back of shed hes at with his 2 and caged in,front part is open and 2 barn like doors in front. I enclose them in fence during winter months. Shut doors at night. Free range in spring and summer,fall.So 3 in back ,3 in front. 2 roosters cant be near eachother.

byc1-chicken-feed1.gif

hithere.gif
Definitely keep the mean roo separated from everyone and get him rehomed asap. It's possible that your hens have already had enough "seeing" each other to be put in together and get along fine, just a little pecking order settlement. This article will let you know how introducing separate flocks should go:
See But Don’t Touch

Usually 2 hens is not enough for 1 rooster... even 4 may not be either, you'll just have to see how it goes. You might have to end up getting more girls to keep everything peaceful. Otherwise, your space and your setup may only be conducive to raising a few hens only. Here's an entertaining article about roosters:
Keeping A Rooster

Best wishes with your flock!

View attachment 1617670
View attachment 1617671 Definitely keep the mean roo separated from everyone and get him rehomed asap. It's possible that your hens have already had enough "seeing" each other to be put in together and get along fine, just a little pecking order settlement. This article will let you know how introducing separate flocks should go:
See But Don’t Touch

Usually 2 hens is not enough for 1 rooster... even 4 may not be either, you'll just have to see how it goes. You might have to end up getting more girls to keep everything peaceful. Otherwise, your space and your setup may only be conducive to raising a few hens only. Here's an entertaining article about roosters:
Keeping A Rooster

View attachment 1617670
View attachment 1617671 Definitely keep the mean roo separated from everyone and get him rehomed asap. It's possible that your hens have already had enough "seeing" each other to be put in together and get along fine, just a little pecking order settlement. This article will let you know how introducing separate flocks should go:
See But Don’t Touch

Keeping A Rooster

View attachment 1617670
See But Don’t Touch

Keeping A Rooster

View attachment 1617670
See But Don’t Touch

Keeping A Rooster

So

Thank you !! So my moron husband likes him ,he is beautiful. He wants to keep him and put him by himself in another coop. Clan we do that ? I know he gonna flip out. I swear.
I keep saying so get him stuffed so ,taxidermy. I'm going bonkers . Afraid when separate they'll hurt them to.

Back
Top Bottom