Rooster games

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TheChips, Jan 16, 2014.

1. TheChips

TheChips Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2013
    I went outside tonight to give my chickens fresh water, and filmed this little "whos in charge" game. I call it the battle of the Alpha male.
    The alpha rooster is the more all black rooster. But the more white one tries so hard to be the alpha male.

I just thought I'd share :)

2. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    They're such little gentlemen! Do they ever fight? How old are they? They appear to get along so well! You're very fortunate!

3. TheChips

Sep 28, 2013
    Thank you, theyre about 17 - 18 weeks.
    Out of the 5 bantam cochins I had, 4 were roosters. I tried very hard to keep it a "fight free" zone. But I got rid of their 2 brothers 2 weeks ago. It was like watching a Jerry Springer show every day and was stressing everyone out. The other two were the more aggressive ones.

Luckily, these two get along 98% of the time. Which indeed is a blessing! The all black one is the alpha male, the white knows he isnt. But he likes to try lol!

4. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    Let's hope they remain at peace with each other. People with no roosters don't know the high entertainment they're missing out on.

Thanks for sharing the video!

5. TheChips

Sep 28, 2013
    I figured only us chicken people would get it
    :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by