Rooster Crowing in His Sleep

daniellewyrick32

In the Brooder
Sep 17, 2023
I don't know if anyone has encountered or witnessed this happen to their roosters, but tonight as my husband went to go to the bathroom, he heard our rooster crow. At first, he thought he was hearing things, and then I heard the crowing. So we rushed to the screen door leading to the backyard to look outside and the rooster was asleep. We don't know if our rooster was dreaming or if he crowed for our attention and went back to sleep when he saw the light indicating us approaching or what. It was weird. My husband joked that it was a skinwalker. But has anyone had this happen?

I don't know if anyone has encountered or witnessed this happen to their roosters, but tonight as my husband went to go to the bathroom, he heard our rooster crow. At first, he thought he was hearing things, and then I heard the crowing. So we rushed to the screen door leading to the backyard to look outside and the rooster was asleep. We don't know if our rooster was dreaming or if he crowed for our attention and went back to sleep when he saw the light indicating us approaching or what. It was weird. My husband joked that it was a skinwalker. But has anyone had this happen?
I haven't noticed if my roo Pedro was asleep, but only once he crowed at about 10pm. I grabbed my flashlight and dog - because if he's crowing at that hour, there's a good chance he heard or saw something that he's warning to keep out.

Back
Top Bottom