Rooster Going After My 11 Year Old - Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

it´s the rooster job to protect his hen - so your rooster is doing his job. Unfortunately he is doing his job to well. There is actually just one solution: chicken soup! I wouldn´t use this rooster for breeding since agressive behavior will come back in the next generation.
Sorry silkie...
sad.png

Once again, he is not "aggressive" in my opinion. As someone said, he is "doing his job a bit too well." He eats from my daughter's hand. You can pick him up and hold him. She has actually shown this boy. Bathed him, brushed him, he has been handled by the judges on multiple occassions. I can't see that being possible with an aggressive rooster.

When my daughte first enters the run, he will jump at her, which we have been working on to stop. I did not ask in my original post if I should cull him. I asked for ideas for my daughter to try when working with him. I appreciate the concern from some of you; however, I would NEVER put my daughter in danger. Like I said, she is the size of an adult (almost taller than I am). She is simply annoyed by his behavior and I was trying to help her with ideas to put a stop to it.

Thank you to everyone that actually answered my question.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom