Rooster got me! Infection paranoia

I've been bit/pecked/had skin twisted by an angry rooster plenty of times. There's no guarantees of course, but you treated it as I would have, probably better. I'm much more leery of spur punctures than beak grabs.

In short, I wouldn't be worried, just keeping aware of heat and prolonged redness. I bet this looks miles better tomorrow ❤️ Sorry your rooster decided to be rude today!
I'm not mad at him even, I was the dumbass wearing shorts!!! Knew it was stupid while I was doing it...did it anyways. Play stupid games and all that

I'm not mad at him even, I was the dumbass wearing shorts!!! Knew it was stupid while I was doing it...did it anyways. Play stupid games and all that
Roos can be so weird about clothes and shoes, haha. And sometimes you just gotta do that chore right away! Have definitely regretted wearing flip flops out for multiple reasons... Now I finally have good boots and I'm never going back 😆

You'll probably be fine. Bird beaks aren't as germy as mammal mouths in general. But more importantly, cat bites often develop gnarly infections because of the shape of the wound. Their tiny little needle teeth cause deep narrow wounds which traps bacteria that quickly festers.

Your rooster wound by comparison is pretty wide, so any infection has a better chance of draining. Just keep it clean and keep an eye on it and if you notice redness, especially streaking, get it checked out.

I thought we were a team. She’s done went rogue on us! Please folks, when in doubt, rub dirt on it! The stuff is free once you buy some. And you can even go out by the road and use public dirt. It works just as good. Shame on you, Trip!
Sad In A Box GIF

I was right all along. You really are a girl!
That 70S Show Lol GIF by Peacock

Back
Top Bottom