Rooster???? help! *pics.

chicksrule1

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 18, 2009
45888_029.jpg

This is the one in question. She is 2 1/2 weeks old. All the others dont have a red comb like that.She is also a meanie. What do you all think? She was supposed to be sexed but i know that is not 100%.

Here are the rest for comparison.
45888_052.jpg
45888_054.jpg
45888_037.jpg
45888_016.jpg

Little white guy/gal is adorable.

Regarding the first pic, that comb development IS suspicious but mainly I noticed the girth of the legs, that might be an additional clue to possibly being a roo.
Let other chime in as Im far from an expert on this.

What is the blue on his/her head? I know where I get my sexed chicks from, they put the blue on their heads to let you know they are boys.

What is the blue on his/her head? I know where I get my sexed chicks from, they put the blue on their heads to let you know they are boys.

They came from both Privett and the Belt Hatchery. 3 out of 5 came with the blue on their heads. They were all supposed to be girls. I was under the impression that they marked them as to seperate my order from the feed stores as they were all shipped together.

"1, 3, & 4 look like roos to me "

Interestingly those are the three that charge each other and have the thicker legs. However, the americauna and australorp have a lot more feathers than the SLW (the one in question). When do they usually start to crow? Also, i thought the SLW sexing is done also by feathers. If it's a boy, doesn't it usually have a white dot on top of the head? This ones head is black with some little white mottling but mostly black. Oh well, i guess i will have to wait and see.

oh wait, i was wrong, it's the australorps that have a white spot on the head if its a boy. The wyandottes females are supposed to have dark legs. At least that is what i got from some sexing website. Can anyone confirm this who has experience? I tried to wave something over their heads to see if any stand erect buy they all run away.

What I find to be funny is there is alot of comb development on #1 and he hasn't feathered at all. His wing tips probably have feathers, but we can't see it from the pic.

Back
Top Bottom