Rooster???? help! *pics.

Yes, the wing tips are there, but much shorter than all the rest and has no tail feathers yet. The other black one has a little longer wing feathers, but no tail also. So does the little munchkin in the last photo, but she is a bantam and very slow to develop. I am hoping she is a girl cause she is the sweetest, most docile thing i have ever seen. She instantly falls asleep in your hands.

I am thinking you're right about the chick being a roo. And I am also concerned about the blue dot on it's head. Our hatchery marks the roos as well with a dot of color........

(Looks like a little meanie too! LOL)

Pick him up first everytime and give him some affection--maybe that'll make him sweeten up. I do that with my little rooster and he's a hoot! He's always the first one to come to me.

maybe i should try to contact the hatchery and ask what the blue if for. They were supposed to be sexed (for girls). Its just odd that #1 is the only one with the red comb and bulge starting.

I would definitely call them. Did the store you ordered them from also get more of the same breeds you have? If so, I would say you picked roo's! Sorry!
sad.png

Here is a sure fire way to tell wait till it crows or lays then you will no for sure now if you can't wait that long a farm told me if you pick the chick up between your first and second finger Gently by the neck and if it fights to get free it is female and if it doesn't it's male now keep in mind my are still growing so I have not been able to prove this yet but give it a shot.

All I can say is, these are dang cute babies! Don't you love the eyes on an a baby Americana? And what is that last liittle one, too cute!
I agree with a couple of others...1..3 and 4 look like possibles for being a roo...
Cynthia

I tried picking it up like that and they all fought to get away. I called the hatchery and they say my order was all pullets so i guess i have to just wait and see... Thanks for your input everyone:) I still think it's a boy.

I had an australorp and he didn't have a dot on his head.....and the ee comb is VERY wide to be a pullet....

Back
Top Bottom