Rooster Hormonal Stage

Sorry about your little tortoise.

Mine are all rescues and I love them. Aren't reptiles interesting!
They definitely are, and I love them as well. I have geckos, snakes, legless lizards, and a nile monitor. I also have a bunch of fish tanks, one of which is a predator tank.

Wow what your mom has to put up with. lol
She does put up with quiet a bit. She doesn't like rats but I breed them and mice. She doesn't much like loud cats but I have a deaf cat that meows like he is trying to hear himself and my other cat rarely meows but when she does, it is hideous. She likes the snakes and all though. She tolerates the tarantula but she is a bit scared of it. 2 of the dogs are actually hers and the betta fish are hers as well as the angel fish. The only fish I claim are my guppies and the catfish.

So the cockerel will eventually calm down? I have a similar situation. My 6 month old marans cockerel was supposed to be female. He is starting to jump at and attack my young children when they are in the yard. I know he is trying to protect his flock, but I can't have him hurt my kids. If I keep him shut up while his hormones settle, will he be more tame?
He’ll calm down not be more tame Per se. you may want to rehome him depending on the kids and if you’re willing to train them- kids not the roo- or if they’re even old enough. This is important - IF THE KIDS RUN- IT IS REINFORCING HIS BEHAVIOR. There is so much hood info on this topic on this very site. I have my own tried and true - nobody gets hurt tactics (chook or keeper) that doesn’t escalate the situation if you’d like to know what I choose to do. But like I said- lots of info out there). He will settle tho but if it’s reinforced behavior during this bluffing stage with the kids or anyone running from him - you may never get him to quit. He’s at a malleable age/ stage. What you do is paramount to his existence here. Be it peaceful or otherwise

Back
Top Bottom