Rooster hurt his leg while attacking me!!

shannon84

Crowing
7 Years
Jun 1, 2016
Indiana
My pet rooster Franklin hurt his leg when he was spuring my broom I pack around with me because he likes to attack me .He is no acting terrified of me and he left his hens and is laying in the bushes with eyes squinting. But he actually does walk,he is just lame. What should I do?!?!

Yeah I hope it's a sprain muscle because he is walking but he will stop and fluff up his entire body and tuck his head inside his shoulders. He acts terrified of me, and thats UNUSUAL. Maybe half of a baby aspirin? I know, I don't know why I adore him, he is mean . I look at it like he tries to boss me.

He acts terrified of me,
Maybe he will have learned his lesson... :tongue

I'd have put him off to freezer camp a LONG time ago. Too many decent rooster who don't attack looking for a good home.

I would not personally give aspirin... pain is the way that our body limits our movements and tells us to slow down so we don't injure ourselves farther.

Hiding is typical of whoever lost the fight. Check on him in a few hours and see what he's up to. As long as he return to eating and drinking he should be fine. :fl

Maybe he will have learned his lesson... :tongue

I'd have put him off to freezer camp a LONG time ago. Too many decent rooster who don't attack looking for a good home.

I would not personally give aspirin... pain is the way that our body limits our movements and tells us to slow down so we don't injure ourselves farther.

Hiding is typical of whoever lost the fight. Check on him in a few hours and see what he's up to. As long as he return to eating and drinking he should be fine. :fl
That's actually funny, I had no idea roosters hide when they lose a fight. He is so goofy, he doesn't even realize he did it to his own self OK, I don't like giving animals pain pills unless it's a must. He is eating just fine right now, he went back into his pen and left his girls, which is also unusual. He used to be a great rooster until I got him some hens. He was a random stray that showed up here

I had a beautiful lavender orpington rooster that used to love to attack me. Since he was huge it was a problem that I tried to deal with by catching him and dangling him by his ankles for a while to cool him off. One day he tried to press his luck with me and when I scooped him up and dangled him, one of his spurs snapped off at the base. He had huge spurs. There was an audible *snap* when it happened and I had the spur in my hand in place of his foot. When I put him down, he retreated FAST! and never approached me again to attack me. I was able to spray the wound left by the spur with blu kote and it healed well.

Best of all, I got a nice natured rooster out of the ordeal!

I had a beautiful lavender orpington rooster that used to love to attack me. Since he was huge it was a problem that I tried to deal with by catching him and dangling him by his ankles for a while to cool him off. One day he tried to press his luck with me and when I scooped him up and dangled him, one of his spurs snapped off at the base. He had huge spurs. There was an audible *snap* when it happened and I had the spur in my hand in place of his foot. When I put him down, he retreated FAST! and never approached me again to attack me. I was able to spray the wound left by the spur with blu kote and it healed well.

Best of all, I got a nice natured rooster out of the ordeal!
This one is an Orpington too, but a buff one, and I always read they are very docile in nature. I guess that's not always true then. Oh I bet he did respect you after that. The problem with this one is he will be scared of you for awhile then he goes right back to being his old self. It's amazing how he used to be so sweet and loving, until he got his hens. He doesn't see me as a threat, just likes to bully me...

Back
Top Bottom