• Ayam Cemani

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Swedish Black

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

myaustinchicks

In the Brooder
Aug 28, 2015
Can someone help me identify this handsome boy? I was wondering if he is an Ayam Cemani, or a Swedish Black. The photo does not do him justice, as he has the beautiful iridescent green, blue, purple on his black feathers in the light. I know Ayam Cemani is more rare and more expensive. My husband ordered a few expensive exotic eggs and he was hatched from those. He is about 7 months old (just started crowing 3 weeks ago). I need to find a home but don't want to just give away so he is appreciated accordingly.

Any suggestion would be great.

Thanks,
Kim

IMG_3511.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3560.jpg
    IMG_3560.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Interesting, thanks! I almost gave him away today before I realized how special he is. The AC's are still not cheap though. One chicken farm lists them for $400 and they are out of stock.

The female version of the Ameraucana that I have from the same batch lay the beautiful blue eggs. In the past I have had what I thought were Easter Eggers that layed more of a green colored egg.

I meant to delete the 2nd picture (of the black and white one) that I am pretty sure is an Ameraucano. So just trying to identify the black one.

Back
Top Bottom