Rooster in nesting box

Unfortunately not normal, many boys are not so caring! You got a good one it seems!
Wow!! Thanks so much. Sounds great to me
I wasn't even suppose to get a rooster, they were to be all hens. I've been working on holding him and loving on him daily as well so he won't try to be mean to me or my kiddos

I wasn't even suppose to get a rooster, they were to be all hens. I've been working on holding him and loving on him daily as well so he won't try to be mean to me or my kiddos

You're going to hear conflicting opinions on holding males to make them friendly. Personally I don't initiate handling. If they want a cuddle, they can

You're going to want to stop that, the higher up a bird is in the pecking order, the nicer the other birds treat it. If you cuddle and pet him, he's more likely to get aggressive later since he'll consider you lower rank birds.
Birds are individuals but I'd say without hesitation that coddled cockerels turn into raging roosters a solid 75% of the time.

Never miss a chance to post pics of Kong. He's a goober.
IMG_20230701_131127.jpg

Guarding over one of his new layers. We had a discussion after the pic was taken about my screw/nail cabinet NOT being a nest box.
IMG_20231019_130913.jpg

Wow!! Really. I would have su
You're going to want to stop that, the higher up a bird is in the pecking order, the nicer the other birds treat it. If you cuddle and pet him, he's more likely to get aggressive later since he'll consider you lower rank birds.
Birds are individuals but I'd say without hesitation that coddled cockerels turn into raging roosters a solid 75% of the time.
spected the opposite. I may reconsider. Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom