rooster injured by dog attack

I'm so sorry for all of your losses. Is your peachick OK? My neighbours hens got killed by 2 mad dogs it was so close to my hens, goose and peahen I was very lucky. It makes me sick when people say "it's just a chicken"

I'm so sorry for all of your losses. Is your peachick OK? My neighbours hens got killed by 2 mad dogs it was so close to my hens, goose and peahen I was very lucky. It makes me sick when people say "it's just a chicken"
Thank you, yes, she's OK, we were hoping it would be a cock but she's a hen, lol. She is growing up and has been working hard on bonding with the adult peas. It was so heartbreaking listening to her calling for her mama after that happened. And still, if she can't find the adults now, she calls and calls til she finds them. We thought about getting another chick to keep her company, but when she was younger the chickens kept her company, and I'm in the position now where I'm trying to reduce the flock size, so I decided not to get another pea, at least not right now. It makes me furious that people think it's no big deal. If that happens to you, do everything you can to get restitution and contact the dog warden. Our animal control dept in our County is pretty useless, but the Sheriff's deputy was very supportive and sympathetic, I was very grateful for his help.

That's really good! Does she have a name? My peahens two brothers got killed by a mink or something so now she lives with the hens, her name is Sweetpea.
OMG I had a SweetPea once, too! She died, not sure why, we think she might have been egg bound, a few years ago. But this baby's name is India.. we call her Indy for short. She's an India Blue, of course, lol.

And so sorry for your losses, too. That's the downside of having poultry, unfortunately. I lost my pet pullet named Daisy, on October 30 to a Merlin hawk. We were all devastated by that one too, she was so tame and smart. I still visit her grave and cry over her almost every day.

I'm sorry for Daisy, Sweetpeas brothers pebbles and Zazou are buried on my lawn I was even more sad because I couldn't bury pebbles because he was taken but I put his feathers in. I got Sweetpea 3 peafowl friends. I was meant to get 2 but I got 3! They are still chicks around 3 and 5 months old. Can you send pictures of India please? I'd love to see her! This is Poppy
20231103_142856.jpg

I'm sorry for Daisy, Sweetpeas brothers pebbles and Zazou are buried on my lawn I was even more sad because I couldn't bury pebbles because he was taken but I put his feathers in. I got Sweetpea 3 peafowl friends. I was meant to get 2 but I got 3! They are still chicks around 3 and 5 months old. Can you send pictures of India please? I'd love to see her! This is PoppyView attachment 3683657
She's beautiful! Yes, I'll send pics of India and my other two.

Back
Top Bottom