Rooster issues

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

I totally agree with the above posters, chickens should be enjoyable to keep. If a rooster is threatening, he needs to go. He can gravely harm little kids, there's just no reason to keep him. I know this is a tough decision, but sometimes it is a necessity to remove aggressive birds from a flock.

Welcome aboard! :)

Hey everyone....

I have 8 full size chickens and 6 bantams .... they were all supposedly hens but we know how that goes.... anyway... one of the full size ended up being a rooster named PomPom (kids named the chicks 😂🤷🏻‍♀️) We decides to keep him because we are all he has ever known and we felt bad thinking about rehoming him...
however..... he has now attacked the kids several time and is really rough on the hens... twice (that we have seen) he has grabbed a hen by the neck and flung her around! He’s abusive and we are now to the point we feel like the rest of the flock is suffering for one. How have y’all handled this situation in the past? We know if we try to sell or give him away it might not end well and are looking into a rescue. We feel horrible because it’s not his fault he’s a rooster but 😬😬😬
This is PomPom he’s a beautiful HUGE rooster.View attachment 2034608I live here in the Philippines I'm American cock fighting is legal and popular and they keep alot of fighting birds here on one plot of land they build a small tee pee type shelter and simply tie the bird by one foot and after a month they can be handled more but old English cannot really be left at all times with hens only during breeding then back to the tee pee

Back
Top Bottom