Rooster keeps wondering off

luckysamara199

Chirping
May 22, 2021
hello I have a 4 month old buff laced polish rooster. He started wondering off to the neighbors property’s and I have to keep on going to get him and it’s very tiring because I don’t want anything to happen to him because all my neighbors have dogs. Does anyone have any advice how I can train him to stay in his property ? My chickens have a chicken coop but it’s only for them to sleep and eat. The rest of the day I let them out to be free. Please help:( I don’t want nkthing to happen to him

Welcome to BYC.

As an animal owner you are 100% responsible to keep your animals on your own property. A good fence is the answer. :)

The electric poultry netting from Premier 1 is a great option for flexibility -- unless you are in an area where using electric fence is inappropriate.
We do have a fence but their still a bit small so they are able to jump throw the fence squares but maybe when they grow they’ll be too big to fit through the fence

We do have a fence but their still a bit small so they are able to jump throw the fence squares but maybe when they grow they’ll be too big to fit through the fence

What sort of fence?

If you show us pictures we might be able to help you come up with a solution.

Also, where, in general, are you located? Climate matters. :)

Back
Top Bottom