Rooster looks like he’s going to die tonight. Pesticide poisoning?!

stacedawn

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2022
388E53A7-B85F-4FD5-BE34-7A906A3531EF.jpeg

Can you let us know a little more info regarding the backstory so we can help know how to advise?

Can you let us know a little more info regarding the backstory so we can help know how to advise?
I’m sorry. First post. He’s only 3 months old. Healthy all day. Gave him cucumber skin scraps and then so sick. All the other chicks are fine tho and they ate them too. Possibly pesticides? I didn’t wash, but they’re organic? He won’t eat or drink. Bedding is hay, feed is still starter- organic non gmo corn free. I’ve tried giving acv and garlic but unsuccessful. Today was a hot day and I noticed the water tipped/emptied, so maybe a half day without water. His poops have been runny which is his normal as my toddlers wont stop feeding food scraps and he is the food hog/twice as big as all the other same age hens. Symptoms are :lethargic, wide open mouth, no food or drinking, wont get up to roost, looks so scared and confused. Won’t even eat his favorite treat

Are you sure there's nothing wrong with his eyesight? Have you tried to hand feed him or dip his beak in water?
Oh yes, I’m positive his eye sight is good. I did put his beak in water and even syringes water down his throat and he didn’t even fight me, but he didn’t swallow, just a zombie

You might want to check his crop at the base of his neck to see if its hard(right side) If he's dehydrated you'll feel a hard lump there.
I checked that first thing, I wish it was that because I’d know more what to do to help. His crop is fine. Had problems with it in the past but easy fix. This is much worse 😭 I just checked him and it looks like he vomited on his chest and he is just so uncomfortable 😭

I checked that first thing, I wish it was that because I’d know more what to do to help. His crop is fine. Had problems with it in the past but easy fix. This is much worse 😭 I just checked him and it looks like he vomited on his chest and he is just so uncomfortable 😭
If you feel down farther do you feel any blockages , also is he a meat bird?

Back
Top Bottom