Eggs82

Songster
Apr 25, 2018
Mechanicsville, VA
So yesterday afternoon I noticed my rooster put himself to bed early. He went into the coop a couple hours before all my hens, before that he had been acting fine all day. So this morning When I let the hens out he stayed inside, he’s usually the first one out. He hasn’t crowed all morning, he’s usually crowing before I even let them out. He’s just sitting on the roost. I tried to get him down with some sunflower seeds, which is his favorite but he showed no interest. I can’t see any signs of injuries, I’m just worried about him. Do chickens get sick? He’s usually running around, crowing his head off and trying to mate all the hens. He’s 6 months old and an EE roo btw. It has been dark and dreary the past two days, the temps have dropped 20 degrees as well. Any ideas?

He could be not feeling well. Can you pick him up to check him out?
Haven’t gotten to him yet. He’s all the way in the back of the coop. If he doesn’t come out I’ll have to go in there and get him. A couple of the hens seem like there trying to get him motivated but He’s just jumping around from roost to roost.

Haven’t gotten to him yet. He’s all the way in the back of the coop. If he doesn’t come out I’ll have to go in there and get him. A couple of the hens seem like there trying to get him motivated but He’s just jumping around from roost to roost.
Interesting. Maybe he wants to rest. Mine has been crowing quite a bit due to the moon. ;)

Yes chickens can get sick.
Chicken illnesses and diseases are real.
Any new birds recently brought in?
Have you ever had to treat for coccidiosis?
I haven’t introduced any new birds and I’ve never had to treat anything other than scaly leg mites a while back. I just checked on him again and he’s still on the roost looking like he’s nodding in and out of sleep.

He could be not feeling well. Can you pick him up to check him out?
He finally came out of the coop, and ate a little bit of tomato and some sunflower seeds. He’s still very lethargic and “droopy” for lack of a better word. I was able to check his crop and didn’t feel anything out of the ordinary. I did notice he’s got very runny almost lime green poos.

Attachments

• 32B841C6-7DE4-4259-9E61-3598543A6BE5.jpeg
    32B841C6-7DE4-4259-9E61-3598543A6BE5.jpeg
    598.4 KB · Views: 16
Ok. Sorry for all the posts.he just pooped again. This time I went through it and found a large piece of wood.....

Attachments

• C4BCB6A8-5A0B-440E-A14C-37E0EE89E152.jpeg
    C4BCB6A8-5A0B-440E-A14C-37E0EE89E152.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom