ROOSTER OR HEN?

That bird is only 8 weeks old with a comb like that :eek:
It's gotta be a male. But ya my males would take months to get a comb that size.
Unlike popular belief female Leghorns don't get their huge combs until they're laying or about to. Most of mine don't even get much color in theirs until then.

d
That bird is only 8 weeks old with a comb like that :eek:
It's gotta be a male. But ya my males would take months to get a comb that size.
Unlike popular belief female Leghorns don't get their huge combs until they're laying or about to. Most of mine don't even get much color in theirs until then.
do you have any idea why he already have a large comb? im actually not sure about his age because i just bought him from a vendor whose selling colored chicks that what he is from and i just predict that he is 8 weeks old because i bought him on sept. 24 and you can see in the picture what he looks like and i predict that he got out from his egg from sept 20 and today he is turning 9 weeks old

Attachments

• IMG_20230923_142137_942.jpg
    IMG_20230923_142137_942.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 10
d
do you have any idea why he already have a large comb? im actually not sure about his age because i just bought him from a vendor whose selling colored chicks that what he is from and i just predict that he is 8 weeks old because i bought him on sept. 24 and you can see in the picture what he looks like and i predict that he got out from his egg from sept 20 and today he is turning 9 weeks old
Genetics can cause unusual comb size. You bought him from a person selling colored chicks? Like, dyed chicks? People like that absolutely disgust me, you are never supposed to dye any kind of bird.

d
I'm in the US and have American bred Leghorns. You're overseas so you have the European type.
Over there they breed for the huge combs. Over here ours have large combs but ours are bred for egg production over everything else.

Back
Top Bottom