ROOSTER OR HEN?

mimithewhiteLEGHORN

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2023
this is my 8 weeks old leghorn, it's my first time to take care of a chicken so i can't tell if this is rooster or hen. what do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_20231117_081301_200.jpg
    IMG_20231117_081301_200.jpg
    561.2 KB · Views: 75
We need more pictures, especially ones that show the chicken's side, but for now I am voting for cockerel. For information, an eight-week-old chicken can never be a rooster or a hen. A chicken can only be a rooster or a hen when they reach adult, which is one year old. Females under a year old are pullets, males under a year old are cockerels. Also, do you have other chickens besides this one? Chickens are flock birds and need at least one other chicken in order to not get lonely and depressed, and then eventually, ill. There are times when some chickens can be by themself, such as house chickens, but it is better for them to be outside and with their own kind.

We need more pictures, especially ones that show the chicken's side, but for now I am voting for cockerel. For information, an eight-week-old chicken can never be a rooster or a hen. A chicken can only be a rooster or a hen when they reach adult, which is one year old. Females under a year old are pullets, males under a year old are cockerels. Also, do you have other chickens besides this one? Chickens are flock birds and need at least one other chicken in order to not get lonely and depressed, and then eventually, ill. There are times when some chickens can be by themself, such as house chickens, but it is better for them to be outside and with their own kind.
here is the another side

Attachments

• IMG_20231117_081320_198.jpg
    IMG_20231117_081320_198.jpg
    639.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20231117_080840_399.jpg
    IMG_20231117_080840_399.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 17
no i only have one, but im planning to get another one

Back
Top Bottom