Rooster or Hen?

JEN38

Hatching
10 Years
Jul 20, 2009
Can anyone help me sex this Rhode Island Red and the hybrid next to it? I crossed my gray silkie rooster with an easter egger hen. It's really cute with little tufts on the side of its face.

I am having a heck of a time uploading these photos, it appears it worked but I don't see them on this post. I am new to this board so I apologize in advance.
smile.png

37174_hybrid.jpg

37174_hybrid_2.jpg

37174_rir_rooster_or_hen.jpg

37174_juvenile_birds.jpg

Last edited:
I usually don't even try with silkies or silkie crosses but that one just looks like a boy to me. Take that for whatever it's worth
roll.png

The RIR we really need better pictures on. And how old are these birds.........age can help with gender id a lot.

they are 3 months old.... the RIR has a few greenish feathers which I am afraid is the sign of a rooster.

The RIR looks like a roo not sure about your silkie mix. Some better pictures of the RIR would be helpful where are the green feathers coming in at?

I'm guessing roo on the rir, also. But, could you get a body shot of him so we can see his neck and tail area, to check for hackle/saddle feathers?

he/she won't sit still long enough but this is all I could get.. Hen or Roo? Also can anyone help with the "pile" of chicks.... any sign of what they might be? I ordered an autumn mix from Sandhill Preservation and I got a nice mix of lots of things, most are bantams but I think I also have a couple of black leghorns.

37174_rir.jpg

37174_baby_chicks_12-10.jpg

37174_baby_chicks_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom