Rooster or Hen?

LOL thanks alot gander. Yes, a beautiful rooster named Dixie.

I see there was a lot of hope there so is he going to stay
pop.gif

No, sadly I can't keep a rooster, it's against city code and my neighbors won't like it. The breeder said she can switch it out with a pullet. But I'm sad. Thankfully, for some reason I didn't attach to this one as much as I attached to my other two (golden sex link and silver laced wyandottes which I'm sure are hens. They better be!

I know how you feel, I got 3 what were supposed to be pullets (my first set of chicks ever) and my EE turned out to be a rooster so I exchanged him for a her. I was sad, I had him since he was so little.

She said I can change him out for a pullet the same age. I'm not sure how to introduce her to my other two though. Dixie, the now rooster, is pretty bossy so maybe they won't have an issue adjusting to a new girl.

I put the new one in a small cage inside the others run area so they can get used to eachother through the cage. I only did that for a day then let them all mingle and no issues. Good luck!

Rooster definitley, because of the greenish long tail feathers and the sicle-shaped saddle and hackle(neck) feathers. Looks just like our ameraucana rooster did at that age he's about 2yrs old now, see him at the "Ameraucana" album on Galleries by Varner flock.

Thanks, Beka! Good idea. Thanks Varner, I guess I'll go out of denial and switch her/him out this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom