Apr 25, 2021
Hi!
I have a beautiful 3 year old RIR rooster who is overmating 4 of his hens very badly. He has been the best roo for so long, what is causing him to do this so suddenly and how do I make him stop?? Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do about it? The hens are so stressed they're not even laying eggs.

P.S. I have even tried trimming his spurs and toenails. Nothing seems to work.

Thanks!

Probably until you can put some of those hen saddles on them. Otherwise if the rooster is still able to mate them they will only get worse. If you were to separate and remove those 4 hen's instead of the rooster, then the other 5 would start to look like those 4. Personally, with this summer heat I wouldn't want someone climbing all over me all day long. I have already separated my boy to give the girl's a break.

Probably until you can put some of those hen saddles on them. Otherwise if the rooster is still able to mate them they will only get worse. If you were to separate and remove those 4 hen's instead of the rooster, then the other 5 would start to look like those 4. Personally, with this summer heat I wouldn't want someone climbing all over me all day long. I have already separated my boy to give the girl's a break.

Thank you for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom