Rooster Semen Question

I think I would rather the Rooster be able to do his thing. And let the hen decide if she wants him as a breeding partner. I have seen a lot of interesting things in the chicken yard when it comes to fertilizing eggs. It took my bantam Rooster, T-Boy, some time to realize he need to be further back on the hen to consummate the act. But he has been successful, as we have 15 chicks and no other roosters

Please let us know if it was successful.
I will once I hatch her eggs, though she was bred successfully by a couple roosters naturally previously. She likes to give them a hard time(Especially a certain rooster), so it puts stress on both birds, so I'm trying to reduce stress.

I think I would rather the Rooster be able to do his thing. And let the hen decide if she wants him as a breeding partner. I have seen a lot of interesting things in the chicken yard when it comes to fertilizing eggs. I took my bantam Rooster, T-Boy, some time to realize he need to further back on the hen to consummate the act. But he has been successful, as we have 15 chicks and no other roosters
Yeah, but I have a Silkie, & Easter Egger I have to breed pure for a friend. The Silkie is getting bred naturally by a Silkie rooster, in her own pen. But I must separate the hens before pairing, to prevent unwanted crossings.

The EE hen gives the EE roosters a hard time, so I'm opting to AI mainly for her for now.

Thanks for sharing what you are doing, I'll be following to see what your results are. Very interesting and something I hadn't ever thought of.
I will update.

Here's the Roosters I'm using.
20210221_141940.jpg
20210214_105438.jpg
20210214_105349.jpg
And the hen.
20201202_142737.jpg
20201202_142207.jpg

Back
Top Bottom