Rooster shaking head

I just found this video that shows neurological movements of the neck which could be a sign of a head injury or more likely, Mareks disease:
He’s not doing it like that. I suppose he’s just acting like a cocky rooster because he does it when he hears something gets scared or when he’s seen someone new or just strutting around. He doesn’t do it all the time. His crop was empty this morning. Maybe it will stop when I get a hen and calms down a bit. I’ll try to get a video soon and post it

Does he shake his head when you are talking to him?
I think he has but only if he’s been doing it and I ask him if he’s scared or what’s wrong. He met my boyfriend the other day and came walking towards us doing it. It’s in an s shape. He does it when I show him a pistachio bag and shake it. His favorite food so he gets excited

A video uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo, with a link posted here of what you are seeing could be helpful. The neck motion you are seeing can be a sign of normal adjusting his crop, but sometimes it can be a neurological symptom. I would check his crop to feel if it is full and hard or doughy, and once again in early morning before he eats or drinks.
A video has to be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo, and then you would need to post a link for the video here.

A video uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo, with a link posted here of what you are seeing could be helpful. The neck motion you are seeing can be a sign of normal adjusting his crop, but sometimes it can be a neurological symptom. I would check his crop to feel if it is full and hard or doughy, and once again in early morning before he eats or drinks.
I made a video on utube but it won’t upload for some reason
I

Back
Top Bottom