Rooster showed up and we’re clueless!!!

What a handsome lad! Do you have an outside shed that could be repurposed as a coop for him? If not, you can quickly, easily, cheaply put together a lean-to type shelter to protect him from the elements with a couple of sheets of zinc roofing to make two sides of a triangle with one side opened and another sheet over the top of the closed side to get him out of rain and wind. This makeshift lean-to will do until you can get him something more substantial or build a more solid structure to 'hang' this roofing material on. Is your property fenced in a way to keep out most predators? It would certainly be better than just out on the grass!
There’s a cabinet on the back shop porch of our workshop, he seem to have adopted that area at night. So he is out of the elements and relatively safe there. I have several people that have contacted me that would love to have this young rooster so when I get home from Mexico I will check out their places and rehome him.

No where in the US is cockfighting or any type of animal fighting or baiting allowed
^^ agreed.

D25A35AC-B6E8-41E5-927F-F7C0B2F39407.jpeg

No where in the US is cockfighting or any type of animal fighting or baiting allowed
I’m not so sure about that, even today, I see lots of properties that have the little A-frame houses. In fact I think Louisiana might be the only remaining place that it’s allowed.
Years ago, I used to be a singer and performed at “Jay’s lounge & cockpit” in Canton. It was a really famous cockfighting spot.

I’m not so sure about that, even today, I see lots of properties that have the little A-frame houses. In fact I think Louisiana might be the only remaining place that it’s allowed.
Years ago, I used to be a singer and performed at “Jay’s lounge & cockpit” in Canton. It was a really famous cockfighting spot.
Just because there are aframe runs doesn't mean they fight birds. I use those and I certainly don't.

Back
Top Bottom