Rooster showed up and we’re clueless!!!

his comb says he is not pure game bird. that's why someone got rid of him. when you rehome him tell people he is a mutt so that you will be sure he will never end up fighting.

don't feed him cat's food, he does not need that much proteins. you can give him some rice if you don't have corn/chicken feed. bird's seed + free ranging/bugs is ok.
Cooked rice =) I'm sure that's what you meant, but just to be safe.

his comb says he is not pure game bird. that's why someone got rid of him. when you rehome him tell people he is a mutt so that you will be sure he will never end up fighting.

don't feed him cat's food, he does not need that much proteins. you can give him some rice if you don't have corn/chicken feed. bird's seed + free ranging/bugs is ok.
Gamefowl can have pea combs.

My little Cochin rooster was found on Craigslist. I found out, that the farm I bought him from, raises roosters for illegal fighting. I gave my little roo, a wonderful life, with 9 hens.
And we are all so happy to have him.. He's a good rooster! Very friendly.:love
You bought a Cochin rooster from Craigslist and the person that was selling said *cochin* rooster was raising birds for illegal fighting?
You know what they say about assumptions right?

I'm not sure what you mean? :confused: can you clarify?
There’s an awful lot of assumptions being thrown around this thread about people raising gamefowl. Just because someone owns gamefowl doesn’t mean they fight them. Lots of people own guns, knives, baseball bats but that doesn’t mean they harm people with them.
A Cochin is not a gamecock and I find it hard to believe someone that was illegally fighting birds also raised Cochins.

There’s an awful lot of assumptions being thrown around this thread about people raising gamefowl. Just because someone owns gamefowl doesn’t mean they fight them. Lots of people own guns, knives, baseball bats but that doesn’t mean they harm people with them.
A Cochin is not a gamecock and I find it hard to believe someone that was illegally fighting birds also raised Cochins.
OH,
Maybe that's why they sold him to me? He would be useless to them, but my farm has hens as pets, and eggs. I'm glad I have him.

Back
Top Bottom