Rooster sitting on eggs?

Well, I’m glad I know what she is then! Thank you for that link, I’d never even heard of a cream legbar. Are they generally very skittish? because she is and she’s bullied by the Welsummer.

Well, I’m glad I know what she is then! Thank you for that link, I’d never even heard of a cream legbar. Are they generally very skittish? because she is and she’s bullied by the Welsummer.
I can't confirm them being skittish as I never owned one
Check and treat her for external and internal parasites as they can often lead to vitamin deficiencies, nervousness etc.

I have 23 week old chickens. 4 hens and 1 rooster I believe. The last few days I noticed him sitting on eggs before we collect them. Why would he do that? Also he hasn’t crowed yet. Is that normal? I thought he was a girl but as they grew, he started to get a bigger waddle and comb than the rest. Can you tell me if he is a rooster and what kind of chicken?

The other thing is we have one white chicken that has always been smaller than the rest. The chickens have been laying for about 3 weeks now but the white one has only laid 2 eggs in 3 weeks. She’s always the last to get the treats, gets pushed aside and sometimes sits by herself. What could help her lay more eggs like the rest of them?

Thank you for your advice!
Shes a pullet. Be happy :)

Back
Top Bottom