Rooster started humping my TV remote.😱

Pics
I honestly think the humping is just instinct. Not unhappiness. I understand the love a human can have for a chicken, most people don’t, and I know it would break my heart if I had to get rid of mine. Unless he acts depressed, KEEP HIM! If he had hatched somewhere else he probably would have ended up being culled, but with you he is happy and has a good life.
Thank you. I agree 100%

I honestly think the humping is just instinct. Not unhappiness. I understand the love a human can have for a chicken, most people don’t, and I know it would break my heart if I had to get rid of mine. Unless he acts depressed, KEEP HIM! If he had hatched somewhere else he probably would have ended up being culled, but with you he is happy and has a good life.
THIS.

:barnie:barnie:barnie
I only have one rooster, no hens in sight.
I was hoping it would turn out to be a hen but it didn't work out that way.
I knew this day would come, but I didn't know it would come this soon. 😭
He has been humping my hand and the remote for a few days now.
Luckily for me and the remote,
he wears chicken diapers. 🙊🙉🙈
So, what do I do now?
I have no option on getting more poultry,
I shouldn't even have him either.
But I hatched him as an egg
and now I'm in love with him. 🥰🥰🥰
He is a indoor rooster pet.
I blame Covid 19 boredom
for hatching him out. 😷😷😷
I don't know how to add a video so I only have pictures. 😁

It happens alot here with my Roosters I have two house roosters and they do this often ..so I bring them their two soft teddy bears that give them a feel of having a company .

Usually they get their hormones hit and they start doing funny things everywhere

To control it you can give them some of the calming herbs in water or food I always give them Fennel seed Oil in water it balance the hormones very fast.
Yoghurt also work good

Just read all that! Wow! :th

I hope you keep that gorgeous boy! Lots of people don't treat roosters well (or chickens for that matter) but sounds like you love him and he lives a good life so why give him away :idunno
People keep chickens in horrible dirty conditions, leave them injured and sick, use them for cruel fighting... You love Hei Hei and take care of him! :love
.. Honestly I was against house chickens (unless sick or need to be inside) but now my view is changed :) Hei Hei is livin' a good life and he is loved

It happens alot here with my Roosters I have two house roosters and they do this often ..so I bring them their two soft teddy bears that give them a feel of having a company .

Usually they get their hormones hit and they start doing funny things everywhere

To control it you can give them some of the calming herbs in water or food I always give them Fennel seed Oil in water it balance the hormones very fast.
Yoghurt also work good
Thank you. I never heard of that. LOL

Just read all that! Wow! :th

I hope you keep that gorgeous boy! Lots of people don't treat roosters well (or chickens for that matter) but sounds like you love him and he lives a good life so why give him away :idunno
People keep chickens in horrible dirty conditions, leave them injured and sick, use them for cruel fighting... You love Hei Hei and take care of him! :love
.. Honestly I was against house chickens (unless sick or need to be inside) but now my view is changed :) Hei Hei is livin' a good life and he is loved
Thank you. 🤗🤗🤗

Hei20, just want to say I think that though its not an ideal situation for you or Hei Hei, you are doing the best you can for him and I can see how much you love him.
He is lonely but I think he loves you too and you are not being cruel by giving him the best life you can.

What breed is he?

My seramas are both hens but we have 2 roos outside that they see every day (and they hate them :rolleyes:).
I Live in the country and you don't, I have such sympathy and though the roo is unhappy, he is not as unhappy as he could be so well done for loving him and caring for him, it is always nice to hear.

I hope you find a solution. He is in an unnatural environment but that doesn't mean he's not loved. Chickens are not really house pets, but while he's with you he is one, so he's luckier than lots of roos bound for the wood chipper or dumper truck!

Good luck!

@Hei 20 I had a little rooster that wasn’t allow near the hens by the head rooster and he would wait for me to go out to hump my shoes. Been outside or inside doesn’t matter. Mine was not an indoor rooster and was out with the rest of the chickens and he was not happy. Your rooster is very happy because he doesn’t have a big rooster keeping away from the rest of the flock. That was very depressing to see 💔
Be happy and keep him happy. 🥰✌🏾

Back
Top Bottom