Rooster started humping my TV remote.šŸ˜±

You should rehome your rooster. Itā€™s whatā€™s best for him. Keeping him as is is whatā€™s best for you. Put your birds needs before yours and rehome your rooster.
I say and mean this politely.
You donā€™t know heā€™s unhappy! Everyone is assuming he is becuase of an unconventional housing situation, ONLY becuase he is a chicken. His owner has said he isnā€™t unhappy.
There are other animals that are more needy and unhappy right now then him. Imagine a large, uncastrated male dog in her apartment. That dog would be more unhappy then this rooster. He would crave other dogs, he probably wouldnā€™t get enough attention or excercise, but nobody gives it a second thought because itā€™s a dog, classified as a ā€œpetā€.
Or another example is a male horse. Breeding stallions are only used in the spring. The rest of the year, he is stuck in his stall and pasture pining for mares. It is a horseā€™s nature to have a band of mares to protect and live with.
Iā€™m not saying this justifies this rooster being unhappy( which it sure sounds like he isnā€™t) I am just saying that for a type of animal that is usually classified as livestock and either ground up as babies in a factory farm, or but into the stewpot like most backyard chicken keepers do, he has a good life. As his owner said, he isnā€™t unhappy unless itā€™s raining and canā€™t go outside. So she can recognize when he is unhappy.
There are a lot more animals unhappy in this world we need to focus our attentions to then this rooster. Ones that are actually starving or being neglected.

You donā€™t know heā€™s unhappy! Everyone is assuming he is becuase of an unconventional housing situation, ONLY becuase he is a chicken. His owner has said he isnā€™t unhappy.
There are other animals that are more needy and unhappy right now then him. Imagine a large, uncastrated male dog in her apartment. That dog would be more unhappy then this rooster. He would crave other dogs, he probably wouldnā€™t get enough attention or excercise, but nobody gives it a second thought because itā€™s a dog, classified as a ā€œpetā€.
Or another example is a male horse. Breeding stallions are only used in the spring. The rest of the year, he is stuck in his stall and pasture pining for mares. It is a horseā€™s nature to have a band of mares to protect and live with.
Iā€™m not saying this justifies this rooster being unhappy( which it sure sounds like he isnā€™t) I am just saying that for a type of animal that is usually classified as livestock and either ground up as babies in a factory farm, or but into the stewpot like most backyard chicken keepers do, he has a good life. As his owner said, he isnā€™t unhappy unless itā€™s raining and canā€™t go outside. So she can recognize when he is unhappy.
There are a lot more animals unhappy in this world we need to focus our attentions to then this rooster. Ones that are actually starving or being neglected.
Thank you. Well said. :bow :bow:bow

I mean this in a polite way, I never said he was unhappy, check your facts. Itā€™s whatā€™s best for him. My attention is on this because itā€™s an active thread.
Why is your attention on this when so many roosters are being neglected?
See how that works? OP asked for opinions and we are doing as asked.

You should rehome your rooster. Itā€™s whatā€™s best for him. Keeping him as is is whatā€™s best for you. Put your birds needs before yours and rehome your rooster.
I mean this in a polite way, I never said he was unhappy, check your facts. Itā€™s whatā€™s best for him. My attention is on this because itā€™s an active thread.

Curious. I pointed this out before but you SPECIFICALLY brought up facts. So lets talk facts. What's your specific QUANTIFIABLE evidence that a new home is better for him?
Do you have a house rooster that you raised from an egg that you tried to place into a flock and saw an increase in positive behavior?
Or a study this info is coming from?
Did you find somewhere in the descriptions that the OP posted that he is exhibiting negative or unnatural behavior?
Is breeding an object a negative behavior or a positive one? If it's a negative behavior, will moving him outdoors make it stop?
Is he unhealthy in some way that you can see from the photos?

Please present your facts from reliable sources, not just "I know because it's natural and I know". Non-quantifiable evidence will be rejected.

Why am I focusing here? Becuase Iā€™m a teenager and this is where I can help at the moment. I have had personal experience with having a solitary chicken and most people have not. Said chicken also couldnā€™t walk and defeated the odds to walk two months later. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m here. To share about my chicken that has overcome so much and did walk again when EVERY SINGLE person on this site said it was Mereks and she most likely wouldnā€™t walk again especially after a couple weeks went by.

I connect with Hei Hei and his owner on a personal level because I know what loving a chicken is like, and also the worry that is he/she happy, am I giving her the right care, ext, when the situation is not something that is normal and not something other people can help with. My situation was not something that was recorded on the internet, and believe me, I searched for HOURS.

In the end, Hei Heiā€™s owner will have to decide what to do, and I will respect whatever choice she decides to make, becuase I know she loves the rooster and will do what is best for him

Iā€™m posting my opinion here because not a lot of people on here have the experience of a solitary pet chicken and I do.

There are a lot of people saying he needs a better home when it sounds to me like he is loved and is happy, just hormonal, but other people can interpret his actions differently.

If he is rehomed he will likely end up stew, why is being in a pot better than being happy in @Hei 20 s appartment?

Why am I focusing here? Becuase Iā€™m a teenager and this is where I can help at the moment. I have had personal experience with having a solitary chicken and most people have not. Said chicken also couldnā€™t walk and defeated the odds to walk two months later. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m here. To share about my chicken that has overcome so much and did walk again when EVERY SINGLE person on this site said it was Mereks and she most likely wouldnā€™t walk again especially after a couple weeks went by.

I connect with Hei Hei and his owner on a personal level because I know what loving a chicken is like, and also the worry that is he/she happy, am I giving her the right care, ext, when the situation is not something that is normal and not something other people can help with. My situation was not something that was recorded on the internet, and believe me, I searched for HOURS.

In the end, Hei Heiā€™s owner will have to decide what to do, and I will respect whatever choice she decides to make, becuase I know she loves the rooster and will do what is best for him

Iā€™m posting my opinion here because not a lot of people on here have the experience of a solitary pet chicken and I do.

There are a lot of people saying he needs a better home when it sounds to me like he is loved and is happy, just hormonal, but other people can interpret his actions differently.
I am here for the same reason. I had a chick who was said to not make it past one week because she wouldn't eat. I kept her in my house cuddled her all day long, provided her with warmth, and fed her things like egg, plain yogurt, and anything I could get her to eat. So wasn't supposed to make it, but one day she did. At two months she started eat and grew rapidly. She did end up passing away because she dislocated her hip and had to be put down. The vet said she couldn't do anything and it was unfixable. Poshy was my house chicken and had so much fun, but when she couldn't walk and nothing could be done I knew it was time to let her go, she couldn't live the rest of her life in plastic tub so she could have close access to food and water waiting the days away unable to move. If @Hei 20 realizes it's time they will make the choice they feel is best. Right now is not that time, Hei Hei is living an amazing life and a better one than most roosters who end up stew.
61170509679__B8431834-7E40-4A27-83E9-CE9724B2DDA0 (1).jpeg

image_6483441.JPG

Back
Top Bottom