Rooster started humping my TV remote.😱

Pics
Also if you give excellent care to a rooster and he is treated especially well,(and with a lot of luck) he can live for up to 15 years. The longest a chicken ever lived was 22 years, but that was a one time thing. Given how you're taking extra good care of him and depending on future circumstances, I think 8-10 years isn't too far fetched.

Also if you give excellent care to a rooster and he is treated especially well, he can live for up to 15 years. The longest a chicken ever lived was 22 years, but that was a one time thing. Given how you're taking care of him and depending on future circumstances, I think 8 years isn't too far fetched.
Thanks

@Hei 20 - where do you live? I see palms in the photo of the ducks. And I read this thread up till the 10th page and still don't know what happened to your guy. I do have lots of opinions... :ducthis is an interesting thread and topic and i have seen lots of great input and tolerance. Kind of refreshing now-a-daze.
One- nice job on raising a nice roo. Very handsome and sweet and what a great experience. I have found many a wild bird and kept till the time to let them go and they did not do as well as they did with me. It is a gamble. I will keep looking to see where and when he was rehomed. :hugs I hope you are ok without your pal especially during these trying times.

Yes, chickens are "prey" animals, so there is safety in numbers. You can house a horse (a prey animal) with a goat etc. This roo has imprinted/bonded with @Hei20 so she is his Ohana. I also have a few bachelor roo's who prefer my company because they have no gals of their own yet, since they can't get a date, they don't seem to mind me at all. Yes, they make advances at me and I usually just pick them up and we go catch a snack... maybe that is why they do it, as they age, they move on to whatever is next. I do not think it cruel to keep a roo indoors- it's just an alternative lifestyle baby- as long as the ol boy is getting his greens and grit and some sunshine, you are his family. I'd ride it till I could not anymore. I'd get him his own channel changer and dress it up in feathers. You will know, or know now what the next step is when you need to take it. Till then, enjoy your pal or i really hope you did. Bravo on giving him a good, safe and loved life.

@Hei 20 - where do you live? I see palms in the photo of the ducks. And I read this thread up till the 10th page and still don't know what happened to your guy. I do have lots of opinions... :ducthis is an interesting thread and topic and i have seen lots of great input and tolerance. Kind of refreshing now-a-daze.
One- nice job on raising a nice roo. Very handsome and sweet and what a great experience. I have found many a wild bird and kept till the time to let them go and they did not do as well as they did with me. It is a gamble. I will keep looking to see where and when he was rehomed. :hugs I hope you are ok without your pal especially during these trying times.

Yes, chickens are "prey" animals, so there is safety in numbers. You can house a horse (a prey animal) with a goat etc. This roo has imprinted/bonded with @Hei20 so she is his Ohana. I also have a few bachelor roo's who prefer my company because they have no gals of their own yet, since they can't get a date, they don't seem to mind me at all. Yes, they make advances at me and I usually just pick them up and we go catch a snack... maybe that is why they do it, as they age, they move on to whatever is next. I do not think it cruel to keep a roo indoors- it's just an alternative lifestyle baby- as long as the ol boy is getting his greens and grit and some sunshine, you are his family. I'd ride it till I could not anymore. I'd get him his own channel changer and dress it up in feathers. You will know, or know now what the next step is when you need to take it. Till then, enjoy your pal or i really hope you did. Bravo on giving him a good, safe and loved life.
Omg . Thank you 🤗
I live in a second floor of an apartment.
I only have a balcony. I did everything that I could in my power to provide him with everything a chicken could want. Like his own patch of grass, his dust bath , plants to destroy. Etc. LOL
He was very content with the only life he new from birth. Hatched him myself. :jumpy
But I felt really bad when he started jumping the remote or my hand sometimes. I can't prove him some girls or a bigger grass area. He is a growing boy, 4 months old now. Yes, I miss him greatly, and I worry alot for him. I miss changing his little diapers. 😭😭😭😭

I would like to say
Thank you :hugs

To all of the members of BackYard Chicken
that took the time to read my thread.
Thank you also to all of you that read it but chose not to comment,
your thoughts were enough.

I really appreciated all of your input and insights in this situation.
No matter what side you were on, you both helped me see
trough different eyes and experiences.
Thank you for your stories, your photos, your ideas, your suggestions, all the love,
your jokes, your researching, your poem, your likes, your laughs, your tears, your time, etc.

This was a very tough decision that I had to make
and it is with a broken heart that I tell you this.

But I have decided to take Hei Hei to live with his parents. This will be the best thing for him and I will miss him greatly. He is very smart and he will learn and adapt to his new normal rooster life. I have faith that he will. He will have access to what a normal rooster needs and wants and he will be safe. And as for a non-normal rooster, he will still see his mommy every chance I get. I will make sure he never forgets me, because as long as I live, I will never forget him. He is the most awesomeness rooster you could ever ask for. We had only four months together, but we did so much in those months, that it felt like years. I will start introducing him to his new flock little by little starting tomorrow.

Again, thank you so much.

@Ruby Rogue
@aart
@SebrightMix
@Newbie_Chicken_Lady
@Liz Birdlover
@EmmaRainboe
@JadeFarms
@Sulky Bantam
@jwehl
@LaFleche
@MGG
@Jenwisp
@TheOddOneOut
@Xouie
@LaFemmeKatia
@ILoveBabySilkies
@RoostersAreAwesom
@PDXJULES
@AngBantamLuv
@HuffleClaw
@ChocolateMouse
@garlandchickens
@MilesFluffybutt
@DogAndCat36
@ValerieLovesChickens
@AntiqueB
@AmericanFDC
@Harry Frogfish
@chickenlover007
@Chickassan
@roosterhavoc
@Wormhunter
@Aapomp831
@DaisyBuff
@Sarah koma
@JbR
@Dottie the Chicken
@ladybrasa
@swampfox440
@ButtonHoarder
@CHlCKEN
@LittleBigChick
@guntha45
@JacinLarkwell
@OneHappyRooster
@2 many chickens
@Shadrach
@sourland
@casportpony
@ariri30
@Tonyroo
@Gallinarium
@FlightyChicken
@Docdetective
@Chicken_lady2202
@kcan2
@Saaniya
@Silkielee
@WhatTheDuckingDuck
@duckiemum
@BDutch
@RoosterWhisperer
@MykaMom

I hope I didn't forget to tag you. If I did, I am sorry.
I wish you and your awesome rooster, Hei Hei, a lot of good luck. I hope his transition goes well for both of you.
:thumbsup :love 😍

Omg . Thank you 🤗
I live in a second floor of an apartment.
I only have a balcony. I did everything that I could in my power to provide him with everything a chicken could want. Like his own patch of grass, his dust bath , plants to destroy. Etc. LOL
He was very content with the only life he new from birth. Hatched him myself. :jumpy
But I felt really bad when he started jumping the remote or my hand sometimes. I can't prove him some girls or a bigger grass area. He is a growing boy, 4 months old now. Yes, I miss him greatly, and I worry alot for him. I miss changing his little diapers. 😭😭😭😭
You are a wonderful and thoughtful gal. I hope you get lots of visits in and get to watch him evolve into his new life. I swear chickens smile, so keep an eye out for it. Please take photos for us too if you can, after reading a few dozen pages of your thread i am vested!
But it really sounds like he is going to do well no matter what because he has you watching out for him :love I hope that you will be ok and get the support you need. :hugs These little critters take special places in our hearts and seem to be the best of what our creator has blessed us with and a few of us notice. Please keep checking in with us. You still have more chicken stories to see and much experience to share.
Stay well and safe, aloha!

Back
Top Bottom