Rooster started humping my TV remote.😱

Pics
Can you ask your family he's living with how he's doing? Are you only able to see him over the weekends?
I asked them every day how he is doing. When I get off work it already starts getting dark. So they be inside the coop trying to sleep. They tell me he is fine, no fights. But, that he mostly be to himself and that it will take some time for him and the rest of the chickens to be okay with each other. They have had chickens for years, so they know what they are doing. But I tell them, it is not the same, this one only know indoors and human life. 😥

I asked them every day how he is doing. When I get off work it already starts getting dark. So they be inside the coop trying to sleep. They tell me he is fine, no fights. But, that he mostly be to himself and that it will take some time for him and the rest of the chickens to be okay with each other. They have had chickens for years, so they know what they are doing. But I tell them, it is not the same, this one only know indoors and human life. 😥
If you feel and see that he'd be happier with you, you may just want to bring him back to live with you. Then again, it may just take him some time to adjust.

You are a wonderful and thoughtful gal. I hope you get lots of visits in and get to watch him evolve into his new life. I swear chickens smile, so keep an eye out for it. Please take photos for us too if you can, after reading a few dozen pages of your thread i am vested!
But it really sounds like he is going to do well no matter what because he has you watching out for him :love I hope that you will be ok and get the support you need. :hugs These little critters take special places in our hearts and seem to be the best of what our creator has blessed us with and a few of us notice. Please keep checking in with us. You still have more chicken stories to see and much experience to share.
Stay well and safe, aloha!
Thank you :hugs

He'll be okay. Instinct is a powerful thing -- he'll integrate with the others all right. Even if he was raised indoors and around people, he's still a chicken, and he'll still have his instincts. I had a hen indoors for a couple of months after a hawk attack, and she reintegrated back into the flock just fine -- she even went broody and hatched a couple of chicks.
Your rooster will be okay, I think -- don't worry.

He is a handsome rooster, that’s for certain! :love
Thank you. He got his looks from me. LOL 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Screenshot_20201121-171824_Video Player.jpg

Went to see my baby today. He survived the first 24 hours, but he seemed very upset with me. I can see in his little face 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Like I broke his little heart 💔💔💔💔💔💔
I miss my baby.
He needs time, and he will feel better. Chickens don’t like change very much, but he’ll get to know his hens, and his new territory, and he will get comfortable there.

Maybe you should have a time period for allowing the adjustment. Like a week or two. It must be hard for him to be the only new chicken... that's when the whole prey animal thing comes in lol. especially since he surly thinks he is a small person and the chickens are probably going to eat him. if you set a reasonable time for the adjustment you may just find when you go to pick him up to take him home he may want to stay. Well, that is what I have found in my experience, though surely different from yours.
Kauai is the wild chicken capital of the world or the US or something ;). They are literally everywhere. We lease some space for our horses and there are several flocks down there. I rescued 2 chicks one day a few years ago. Raised them, loved them but the 2 hens, after2 years proved to be a bit to wild and too small for my domestic flock. So i took them back to the pasture, where they have running water and we feed the wild flock 2x per day and look after them. It took me a few times to be able to let go. I would let them spend a few hours or overnight and then I would pick them up and take them home where they jump over the fences and lay their eggs and start their families to bring home to me. The last time I took them there they were happy and would not come back to me. So, now I visit, say hi and watch with love. I will always worry but think I know this is the life they would rather have.

Back
Top Bottom