Rooster: Strange behavior?

Sgsf

Songster
9 Years
May 4, 2010
For some reason, our Rooster has been attacking the other hens (I believe every single one). I don't know why, they are all full grown, even the Rooster. He's biting them on the neck and like putting their head on the grown. Why is this?

Submit. Roosters making them behave and realize he is the master. They dont want to submit to him. They will.

Oh, ok. Usually we thought he was hurting them, so we got him away from them. So I should just let it happen?

He is hurting them. If your not breeding to hatch you could leave him out. If he's young, hes still learning too. But, yes ingenerl he should be fine with them once they get there peeking order down. He'll be the one at the top. His job is to protect the and there job is to do as he says when he says.

Sounds like mating to me. IMO, it's best to just walk away and let it happen. It's natural for them and it doesn't bother the hens as much as it does us to watch.
If he isn't drawing blood, then I'd let them sort it out.

Alright, thanks for the information!
big_smile.png

Once they've got it strait, he'll say something to them, jump on, do his thing and jump off. no problem.

Back
Top Bottom