Strange but loving rooster behavior

Dec 18, 2023
I wish I could post the video so you can see his behavior! I hatched him from an egg and hand raised him. Recently he was put with the big girls. He became distant and stopped coming to me. Two nights ago it’s as if he remembered who I was and runs to me in the evenings and jumps on my shoulder. He snuggles in my hair and chirps a lot!!! He tries to get into my shirt and seems to snuggle. He has never done this before!!! Never. Does not seem like normal rooster behavior?! He is 14-15 weeks old. He only does this with me. He will pace and circle me until he can get up on my shoulder or neck. He makes a lot of happy noises. Any insight?! Never seen or experienced this before!!! But I love him. ❤️

Attachments

• IMG_2959.jpeg
    IMG_2959.jpeg
    591.5 KB · Views: 23
I wish I could post the video so you can see his behavior! I hatched him from an egg and hand raised him. Recently he was put with the big girls. He became distant and stopped coming to me. Two nights ago it’s as if he remembered who I was and runs to me in the evenings and jumps on my shoulder. He snuggles in my hair and chirps a lot!!! He tries to get into my shirt and seems to snuggle. He has never done this before!!! Never. Does not seem like normal rooster behavior?! He is 14-15 weeks old. He only does this with me. He will pace and circle me until he can get up on my shoulder or neck. He makes a lot of happy noises. Any insight?! Never seen or experienced this before!!! But I love him. ❤️
This is a picture I took from a video of him snuggling in

Attachments

• IMG_2978.png
    IMG_2978.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Thank you I was wondering if he had imprinted. They are a good 6 months older than him. None seem to be mean to him. They do run him off at times but definitely no mean behaviors such as pecking or hurting him. He does have three other teens his age with him(the four have all been raised together) and it took a week to integrate the two sets of birds. Our big girls are very well tempered and one is a mama hen with 9 babies. They’re all doing fine together honestly:)) hoping he stays sweet!!

Oh my gosh I have a rooster just like that, when he was a teeny baby he loved scaling me like a wall up to my shoulder and he would snuggle against my neck, and he still perches on my back when I lean down but he doesn't go on my shoulder anymore because he's so huge :lol:
1711049667977.png

I guess your rooster, like mine, just has a super sweet personality!

Back
Top Bottom