Rooster survived a 3 dog attack. Help!

mowgli

Songster
Oct 9, 2012
Tennessee
Skin and

OMGosh! That's exactly what these did. Tore the framing up on door and busted door in

That's what these assholes did on day two. The first attack they climbed the wire and broke through the top of the main coop.
They grabbed our broody right of her nest.
They're people who should never own dogs for the fact they get tired of dealing with them and throw them out on the street.
We live at the edge of a small town on a ranch, and people are always disposing of animals around us.
I live next to a gravel road which is a great dog drop for people that wont take the time to train their pets then dispose of them.I am currently training a new German shepherd puppy but it will be a year before she can guard.My old Shepard died and he would have torn those dogs a new one.

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
Just FYI - I read a post recently where a hen who had a huge gaping flesh wound healed up fine. I will search for the thread and post a link here once I do. Good luck! He's a beautiful boy... and a GOOD boy. I sure hope he recovers. Poor guy...

UPDATE: This isn't the one I read the other day, but it's similar: Really Bad Wound
I've seen numerous huge wounds and 'skinnings' heal up, takes time tho.

HeiHeisMom

Songster
Apr 13, 2018
Goliad, Texas
Just FYI - I read a post recently where a hen who had a huge gaping flesh wound healed up fine. I will search for the thread and post a link here once I do. Good luck! He's a beautiful boy... and a GOOD boy. I sure hope he recovers. Poor guy...
He's a wonderful, strong boy.
He has a son who got stuck between a wall and a post in the coop at 5 weeks.
The hens tried to get the cockeral loose, drew blood and pecked 1/2 his face off.
He lost eye and ear.
We brought him inside, got him to Get for a pain/ antibiotic shot and was given stem cell cream.
Today you'd never know anything happened to him.
Connor injured:
IMG_20181203_160050.jpg
Connor a few months ago:
IMG_20190503_202907.jpg

Connor now:
I had a rooster about a week and a half get attacked by 8 little dogs and he looks just like your rooster. he was lucky scabs are slowly getting better now. good luck with your rooster
Never give Tylenol or acetaminophen to a chicken—it is toxic. Aspirin 81 mg low dose tablet can be given once or twice a day orally or hidden in some food. Vetericyn or saline is very good to clean the wound twice a day, and then keep it coated and moist with plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment twice a day. I hope he recovers.
Thanks so much! I couldn't remember dose for aspirin.
He gets Vetamycin spray twice a day , Neosporin in morning and stem cell cream in evening.
He fusses, but lets us doctor him up.

HeiHeisMom

Songster
Apr 13, 2018
Goliad, Texas
I live next to a gravel road which is a great dog drop for people that wont take the time to train their pets then dispose of them.I am currently training a new German shepherd puppy but it will be a year before she can guard.My old Shepard died and he would have torn those dogs a new one.
We had a 10 year old Black Label who used to guard ours, he passed away three months ago.
We have a 14 year old Doxel who is still pretty spry. She got rolled by them the night before and has injured ribs, but she still alerts.
The Chooks are her babies!

Aunt Angus

Free Ranging
Jul 16, 2018
Nevada County, CA
He's a wonderful, strong boy.
He has a son who got stuck between a wall and a post in the coop at 5 weeks.
The hens tried to get the cockeral loose, drew blood and pecked 1/2 his face off.
He lost eye and ear.
We brought him inside, got him to Get for a pain/ antibiotic shot and was given stem cell cream.
Today you'd never know anything happened to him.
Connor injured: View attachment 1952791 Connor a few months ago: View attachment 1952793
Connor now:

Thanks so much! I couldn't remember dose for aspirin.
He gets Vetamycin spray twice a day , Neosporin in morning and stem cell cream in evening.
He fusses, but lets us doctor him up.
WOW! What an amazing turnaround for Connor!

Mar 17, 2018
sorry about your rooster I get so mad that people don't take care of their pets. I always find myself stepping in and helping other stray animals that have been hurt by stray animals or dogs that people just turn loose not caring what happens to other pets

Top Bottom