Rooster Swollen Eye seeking advise

For those interested. Rooster is doing well. His eye isn’t entirely back to normal but he’s chickening moving around a lot roosting and talking as well as eating and drinking well on his own.

His wry neck companion just passed this morning. She’s been up and down since I brought her inside but today she went downhill fast. I was about to end her suffering when nature did it for me. As terrible as it sounds it does come as a relief as I wasn’t seeing much progress and was feeling bad about her suffering. This means pretty boy gets to go outside which I’m happy about bc cleaning the laundry room on top of taking care of my outside chickens and the chicks in the brooder was getting to be too much. I’ll keep pretty boy separated for a while inside coop because I worry about my other Roo going after him.

A swollen eyelid can sometimes be a sign of a respiratory disease such as MG.It could also be a sign of a peck to the eye, or getting something in it. A bee sting would b another possibility. Look for bubbles or foam in the eye. Also look for any evidence of some foreign body in the eye. Is the eye watery? It looks like he has a few frostbitten points on his comb, so perhaps he was pecked.
What would foam in the eye mean? I just discovered a hen with a swollen eye with foam in it.
C81DC7F8-3579-4057-8A84-9BD06F92C735.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom