Rooster training?

kirkster5

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 7, 2008
O.K. I love the guy and all but..........he is starting to get a bit aggressive toward my wife and I. He comes running like he is saying hello but once in a while he runs into the back of our legs and even pecks at us. We have been trying the Pick him up and walk him around when he does this but he seems to enjoy being held. So I dont know if this is a 'punishment' for him. I had a fellow chicken owner say that he broke his rooster of the aggressive thing by taking him directly to "lock-up" in the coop if he acted out toward anyone and kept him in for the rest of the day while his girls stayed out until nightime. Do any of you have suggestions. Not the stewpot!!
big_smile.png
We really want to keep him as he really does protect our girls.

Do a search for 'rooster and train' and you should get some hits. There are several threads around on how to out-boss your rooster.

Hope it works for you!

The one time my rooster did that it was so unexpected that I reacted by throwing a bucketful of water at him, bucket and all. I can't recommend it as it really wasn't nice of me but neither one of us has ever repeated our mistakes from that day.
tongue.png

I too have an aggressive rooster. So I'm up for any info. We don't want to get rid of him. And we do have grandkids that like to go in the coop.

Back
Top Bottom