Rooster with bad leg? Foot?

catsew

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 14, 2011
Would somebody mind watching these real quick videos?
I posted a couple weeks ago about my rooster who appeared to have an injured foot. He is still limping as you can see. You can see how he holds his foot up as well. I have picked him and several times and looked at his foot and don't see anything wrong with it, like a nail, or a wound, etc.
It doesn't seem to be affecting him too much other than it seems to be getting worse.
Thanks.

check 4 bumble foot.....that might be your problem.
hmm.png

Would there be something on his foot to see if he had bumble foot? I have checked his foot twice and don't notice anything on it. There's no marks or cuts or blisters, nothing obvious anyway.

I checked the first day I noticed it cuz we were still doing construction on the coop so I thought maybe he had stepped on a nail, but I couldn't see anything wrong. So a week went by and I checked again, still nothing. And I checked again last night. I thought maybe he hurt his leg/hip since it seemed to have happened right after I put in the roosts, but I haven't seen them use them yet.
So I also thought sprain type injury, but will it heal eventually? Its been maybe 3 weeks now.

Well its just him and his brother. He's the dominant one and I haven't noticed the other picking on him. Does he need to be by himself? If I do that I will have 3 each alone.

Back
Top Bottom