Rooster won't move, comb is dull and chapped, watery poo with white and black flecks, little snot on

the treatment I suggested will aid in the help of the other treatments, not for nothing but the olive oil will help the worms slide out.

Took the vetrx, and the other nutritive stuff back. I could not find those wormers but was able to get Wazine 17. That's the wormer that they sold at TSC. They told me this was the only wormer they sold for poultry. Had no time to go to the feed mill.

Dawg 53, Do I still give him 3 to 4 CC orally?

This stuff says to mix with the drinking water. To take the water away the night before treatment. Then mix one ounce to one gallon of water and give them the water that morning.

People at TSC don't know squat about poultry. The wormers recommended are goat or cattle wormer. Wazine ONLY does round worms...the others kill those and others. Corid is a.Cattle or Swine med. That or Sulmet are the only things that treat coccidia.I stated before it is not a poultry product..although now Corid.is sold as much in some stores. Many livestock med are used on chickens since their is very little labeled for poultry because pf the egg n meat safety.TSC has all of it...just in others sections. If he has Coccidia and not treated he will not last long.....

Last edited:
Does Coccidia mean he should have a bloody stool?

So do not use Wazine?

Seriously frustrated with this. I live like 45 minutes one way from the nearest TSC or feed mill. I have not opened the Wazine 17 yet. I guess I need to go back again.

Coccidiosis does not always have bloody stool.
You may want to hold on to that Wazine and use it alternating with some other wormer. It's a good wormer because chickens most commonly get round worms, and that's what it's for.

Yes..hold onto the Wazine. It is a good wormer for round worms. Just remember that is all it treats. Corid only treats Coccidia. Common in birds under six months old...but.can affect adults too. Does not have to have blood in poo. Common signs are staying ood to themselves...sleeping during.the.day...one eye closed...fluffed up feathers....weakness....weightloss.....laying and not getting up....droop appearance. Other illnesses can share these.symptoms..but it is easiest to treat the most common and eliminate as you go. I know how it is living out in no man's land....takes me 45min to get about anywhere...Hehe

Ok now I'm at a loss. I went to three different feed mills, TSC in two cities and not a one carried Corrid. I stopped on the way for different places for work. Most never heard of it except in the chick starter. One feed mill sold me "Tetroxy HCA 280", they told me this was what they purchased in place of the Corrid, and all the people raising chickens in this area use. Needless to say it was $18 and now that I looked it up it is an antibiotic and does nothing for coccidosis. I will be returning this stuff next and will not be dealing with that feed mill ever again. It looks like I need to go to Green Bay, WI to locate it.

UGGGGGHHHH!!!!

Too much time is passing for no treatment of this roo and it's frustrating to get people selling me the wrong stuff.

Either one of those will work. I believe that the powder is easier to figure the dosage on.

ETA: The dosage for 20% powder is 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom