Rooster's #1 Lady

CowgirlPenny

Songster
8 Years
Feb 17, 2011
South East TN
Does your Roo have a 'special lady'? One that's even more special than the others?

I guess my Roo has picked his.
roll.png
My largest and darkest Production Red, Maggie. She's my most gentle but he will NOT let me (and especially not my husband) touch her or disturb her in anyway. I have never seen my rooster even get flustered but if you pick her up and she even remotely makes a sound like she wants down he will charge at you with his wings out. He doesn't actually touch us but it's pretty clear he wants us to leave her alone. Then he does his little Bull Matador spinning dance around her to corral her back to the others. She sleeps next to him at night and is generally where he is in the daytime.

He would pick the nicest one, the one that actually WANTS to be held. lol

Miracle & Goldie... a real love story. He was larger than a Bantam/smaller than a standard size... she was a small Banty. They were within 1 foot of each other at all times and roosted together every night. He was 3 times her size and she would tuck right in under his wing at night... so sweet.
love.gif

And then I had Dulcie & Brunhilda... he was an Ameraucana and she was a Turken. He ADORED her... I'll never understand that one?
hu.gif

Last edited:
mmaddie's mom :

Miracle & Goldie... a real love story. He was larger than a Bantam/smaller than a standard size... she was a small Banty. They were within 1 foot of each other at all times and roosted together every night. He was 3 times her size and she would tuck right in under his wing at night... so sweet.
love.gif

And then I had Dulcie & Brunhilda... he was an Ameraucana and she was a Turken. He ADORED her... I'll never understand that one?
hu.gif

Maybe Dulcie had a thing for the homely ones? LOL:lol:

Back
Top Bottom