Roosters feet are red and now legs have some red

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Farmer413, May 24, 2019.

1. Farmer413

Farmer413 Chirping

Dec 19, 2016
    Massachusetts
    Here are the pictures... All the other chickens look fine except for one... Her feet look slightly pinkish. Here's his... any ideas?

20190523_185812.jpg

20190523_185811.jpg

Also....

The girls keep pecking the roosters rear end. It was a rough winter and agyer so long they began to fight. I need to expand my coop. They free range but couldn't because of the snow. I went through several bottles of no peck... Is that safe?

Chickassan and chicken heven like this.
  2. chicken heven

chicken heven Songster

Mar 5, 2018
    My Coop
    The red is normal if it’s a young rooster it’s normal if it gets bad take him out till he hills the cream should be safe if it’s for poultry.

Chickassan likes this.
  3. Farmer413

Farmer413 Chirping

Dec 19, 2016
    Massachusetts
    He's not for eatin... I'd say he's possibly a year old...

chicken heven likes this.
  4. Chickassan

Chickassan Wattle Fondler

Hormonal color change, around here it is referred to as "summertime sexy socks". Totally normal and apparently very admired by the ladies.:)

chicken heven likes this.
  5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Glen St Mary, Florida
    Put Nu-Stock on your roosters rear end. Once the hens get a mouthful of it, they wont pick at him again. Shake the tube well and wear disposable gloves when applying it. It is safe for chickens and other animals. It can be found in the equine section at a feed store. It's also great for scaly leg mites.
    thnustock.jpg

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: