Roosters hurt my chicken and I don't know why??

Amerikaner

Chirping
Apr 12, 2019
IMG_20210928_122709873[1].jpg
IMG_20210928_122752303[1].jpg

IMG_20210928_122837218[1].jpg

Can someone tell me if this a hen or a rooster? Problem is that it keeps getting pecked till it bleeds(check image above), i have other hens and roosters u can easily tell but this one im no so sure , i mean it does not fight back , it does not roost in the morning , or is aggressive at all , and i am thinking its a hen because the back seems round but i also have a rooster that does not have a huge rooster tail (feathers) and they like to hurt this one as well. Furthermore i have not witness this chicken lay an egg.
Backstory: found it in the middle of the road all alone so i scooped up this chicken , i already put it in a cage for about 12 days isolated and then released it in the pen and i still have this issues.

IMG_20210928_122653336[1].jpg

This are my other chickens they always travel in a group and are all from the same mom (before she abandoned them). As you can see i can tell the hens and roosters apart, not sure with this one though.
Fun fact is that this chickens dont care about the small chicks AT ALL and they always travel in a group, and alienate all the other chickens.
I read that this type of chicken are very aggressive, and idk if thats the issue or is it because of pecking order , or maybe this chickens are racist.
(my last conclusion XD) .

Last edited:
The chicken in the first 3 photos looks male to me.

I'm seeing narrow, pointy saddle feathers, which are only found in males. They grow on the chicken's back, just in front of the tail, and can get long and hang down on both sides.

In the photo that shows a group of chickens, the three on the left are males. They also have narrow, pointy saddle feathers (as well as other male traits.)

The chicken in the first 3 photos looks male to me.

I'm seeing narrow, pointy saddle feathers, which are only found in males. They grow on the chicken's back, just in front of the tail, and can get long and hang down on both sides.

In the photo that shows a group of chickens, the three on the left are males. They also have narrow, pointy saddle feathers (as well as other male traits.)
what i dont understand is why the rooster hurt that brown chiken

View attachment 2849562View attachment 2849563
View attachment 2849583

Can someone tell me if this a hen or a rooster? Problem is that it keeps getting pecked till it bleeds(check image above), i have other hens and roosters u can easily tell but this one im no so sure , i mean it does not fight back , it does not roost in the morning , or is aggressive at all , and i am thinking its a hen because the back seems round but i also have a rooster that does not have a huge rooster tail (feathers) and they like to hurt this one as well. Furthermore i have not witness this chicken lay an egg.
Backstory: found it in the middle of the road all alone so i scooped up this chicken , i already put it in a cage for about 12 days isolated and then released it in the pen and i still have this issues.

View attachment 2849578
This are my other chickens they always travel in a group and are all from the same mom (before she abandoned them). As you can see i can tell the hens and roosters apart, not sure with this one though.
Fun fact is that this chickens dont care about the small chicks AT ALL and they always travel in a group, and alienate all the other chickens.
I read that this type of chicken are very aggressive, and idk if thats the issue or is it because of pecking order , or maybe this chickens are racist.
(my last conclusion XD) .
First bird pictured is a cockerel.

The 3 in the front of the last pictures are also cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom