Roosters in town and sex links

Pics
It's really not that difficult to find homes for roosters.
Really? Back when i was breeding Faverolles people wouldn't even pay $10 for a 6-8 month old non-hatchery pullet, let alone consider a free cockerel. A lot of birds, both male and female, wound up in the freezer.

Really? Back when i was breeding Faverolles people wouldn't even pay $10 for a 6-8 month old non-hatchery pullet, let alone consider a free cockerel. A lot of birds, both male and female, wound up in the freezer.
Someone a bit north of me is selling 4 laying Faverolles hens and roo for $75 for all 5. Maybe region as well as time dictate need/desire. Modern chicken history shows that over and over again, with hot/cold periods for many breeds.

Someone a bit north of me is selling 4 laying Faverolles hens and roo for $75 for all 5. Maybe region as well as time dictate need/desire. Modern chicken history shows that over and over again, with hot/cold periods for many breeds.
Breed popularity could be a factor.

Not a townie, so I'm putting myself in other people's shoes here, but:

'Cause I hate sexlinks?

Nasty, overly-bold, prone to all sorts of reproductive disorders (cancer, peritonitis, internal egg-laying, ascites, infections) and they all look exactly the same. You've got two options. Red. Black.

EDT: Barred Rocks, maybe. But they're only 80% accurate to sex as chicks. Same with Legbars.

Back
Top Bottom