ROOSTERS ROOSTERS ROOSTERS POST PICS OF YOUR FAVORITE ROO

Two more of mine, Paint the Splash Cochin and Cow the Splash Cochin. Cow is the blue/black one, he started out white then molted blue.
27C87810-2B14-445D-8AC5-983B6E62683C.jpeg
655F02F8-2467-4100-BC4B-A045C0655923.jpeg

View attachment 1338762
This is Griffin, a rescued faverolle mix roo. Though he used to be aggressive to people, and is not a fan of being caught, he is an excellent head roo in my rooster flock. He never picks on other roosters, and will sometimes even resolve conflicts. He is also great with hens, always watchful for danger. But, because I only have two hens, he would often rip out the feathers on their head, so I placed a smaller rooster in with them and put Griffin into my rooster flock.
Some more pictures of Griffin:
griffin1.jpg
griffin2.jpg

This is my favorite rooster I've ever had. He is a cochin and the father to all of the chicks I've hatched so far. He does his job very nicely and promptly alerts his flock when he sees hawks, owls, airplanes, and (???? not sure, because sometimes I can't tell what it is he's looking at.) I am pretty confident I would have a greater number of losses to predators by far if it weren't for him. His name is Josh.
full
full
full

full

Back
Top Bottom