Roosters Stopped Crowing

JordannL

Songster
Jul 7, 2023
W.V.
Hello! I have 2 Polish Roosters. They're supposed to be a year old, but I got them from somebody else about 2 months ago. When I got them, they crowed pretty often. Recently, I've noticed they aren't crowing. They're healthy. Just not crowing anymore. Any ideas??

Count your blessings? 😂

Roos will crow for a variety of reasons. There are lots of things that’ll make them crow more. I dont know that I’ve heard of anything that will make them stop. Maybe something that was agitating them has gone away. It could just be that they’ve finally settled into their new home.

As we go into the fall under decreasing light, hormones start to settle down, breeding season starts to wind down, and birds will start to molt. All will cause some roosters to stop crowing.

Rooster crow to announce they are here and that they own the territory. If they aren't at their best they don't always want to announce themselves.

In my experiences roosters molt before the hens. If yours were hatched last year they should molt this fall, so that may be what you are seeing.

some rosters stop crowing when they are unhappy ,being picked on, or sick. dose you chicken look happy? dose it look sick( not really moving around and exploring)?

Back
Top Bottom