Roosters

May 15, 2020
Ok so I received a flock of thirteen chicks as a mother's Day gift from a coworker. It's appearing that out of the 13 2 of them I'm pretty sure are cockerels. I only want to keep one. What are things I need to look for as they get older? I want the best roo for my ladies.

I would keep the one i like the best at this stage. If you keep them longer, more personality traits may develop like aggresiveness. Unfortunatly roosters are a crap shoot as what is nice and friendly at 6 months or a year may change into that attack and hate you bird. Then again maybe not. There is no way to tell.
Personally, i never befriend or handle my rooster. I believe familiarity breeds contempt and keep roosters just a little bit afraid of me and retain that respecable distance.
Of course if i need to handle him to trim spurs or check for bugs but i do that at night.
What breeds are your roosters?
good luck!

I would keep the one i like the best at this stage. If you keep them longer, more personality traits may develop like aggresiveness. Unfortunatly roosters are a crap shoot as what is nice and friendly at 6 months or a year may change into that attack and hate you bird. Then again maybe not. There is no way to tell.
Personally, i never befriend or handle my rooster. I believe familiarity breeds contempt and keep roosters just a little bit afraid of me and retain that respecable distance.
Of course if i need to handle him to trim spurs or check for bugs but i do that at night.
What breeds are your roosters?
good luck!
They are pretty much just barn yard mutt birds.

Attachments

• 1DDBEF80-9E4D-4DF5-8CBB-6508A799B0BE.jpeg
    1DDBEF80-9E4D-4DF5-8CBB-6508A799B0BE.jpeg
    537.5 KB · Views: 8
  • B29F1AE3-0C05-4A97-9734-EBC13178D32C.jpeg
    B29F1AE3-0C05-4A97-9734-EBC13178D32C.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom