Rosambros Just arrived

Bucky182

Songster
10 Years
Dec 1, 2009
They just got here today from MT-DI hatercry so I will se how they do. I will let everyone know. Just looking for something different than CX or FR. The FR seem allot more expensive than my Kosher Kings or these.

I got them from MT-DI hatchery out of PA they are a French breed of chicken but are suppose to be an off white color not red like FR and supposedly are ready to butcher in about 8-10 weeks.

Here is there contact information,

MT-DI Poultry Farm
1209 South Catherine Rd.
Altoona, PA 16602
(814) 942-7024
*Prices Are Subject to change without notice
U.S. Pullorum – Typhoid Clean

Rosambro Broiler
This broiler has been bred for robust health and wellbeing, ideally suited to free range
and organic systems as well as less intensive indoor production. This enables the
broiler to exhibit excellent livability. The Rosambro is feather sexable allowing the
male and female broilers to be grown separately if needed. The broilers are adaptable
to different types of diet and have an advantage in feed efficiency. Carcass quality is
another asset, with good conformation and high carcass uniformity in meeting retail
specification. Pricing is the same as the Cornish Rock X.
As Hatched Rosambro Performance

http://www.couleeviewfarm.com/uploads/MT-DI_2009_Catalog.pdf

If you go to thier site you can see a photo of them and thier growth rates.

They also sell a red broiler

MT-DI Red Broiler
This colored broiler features excellent breast meat yields, superb feed
conversion, strong disease resistance, increased livability, strong legs
and a more aggressive nature suitable for its organic, free-range environment.
This broiler is a very profitable broiler to raise because of its strong disease
resistance. It has an excellent conformation of white and dark meat
yields, a tender texture with the flavor of a slow growing bird. It has a
dark red feathering with a few of the tail feathers being either white or
black, yellow shanks, beak, and skin. The Red Broiler is from French
origin and will reach 3.74 lbs. at 42 days, 4.52 obs. At 49 days, 5.25
lbs. at 56 days, 5.94 lbs. at 63 days on a 3200 k/cal diet.

No problem, just thought some people might like to break the CS FR mold and try something new. LOL

The chicks are here and settled in, one dead in shipping. The rest seem to be doing well, they are little yellow fuzzy balls with some having a couple black dots on them.

Update, so far only lost one in shipping and one died in brooder. The rest are doind well and growing well. They look like they will be mostly white in color.

Update, so far only lost one in shipping and one died in brooder. The rest are doind well and growing well. They look like they will be mostly white in color.
bump!
howd you do with these birds?
jumpy.gif
D.gif

tammy

Back
Top Bottom