rose comb buff orpington rooster/UPDATE PICTURES!

well this sucks, i cant find any buff orpington roosters around here
sad.png
, guess i will have to post that im looking for one, guess i'll get him out of there and not hatch them eggs! thanks for the info!

Post on here in the buy/sell/trade where the chicks and chickens are...there are lots of people online here looking for a good home from pure breed roosters...maybe someone close to you....

Come on over to my house...I have an extra growing out!...

Last edited:
Oh Josh I could cry. I spent most of my late spring and summer trying to give away some buff roos. I'll bet someone has a realy nice extra and although for sure I'll be stuck with extras again soon (darn it) they won't do you any good since they are banty's.

I second placing an add here . I would keep actively looking. It costs as much to keep a poor roo as a great one. You should have a great one.

Quote:
actually the silkies were not doing me any good, and what i mean by that, they would not hatch out eggs, non would be fertile, and i wanted that coop for my ducks, so thats what i traded, he's my neighbor so we always do trades like that lol, i traded 3 silkie roosters for pgmy goats! i believe i got the good end on that one!
big_smile.png

You could always start a line of rose combed buff orps. How do you think that RC leghorns and RC RIR's got into the standard, someone got an 'accident' bird and liked it, then bred it to the standard with a rose comb. I know RC BO's arent in the standard but there wouldnt be anything wrong with them, there are RC phoenix out there that arent in the standard and they look awesome.
I say keep him and breed him to a few hens even when you get a new single combed rooster, have a SC and a RC line.

Quote:
I was supposed to be getting 6 standard size Buff Orpington pullets and ended up with what I then thought was 5 pullets, one roo. In the last 2 weeks one of the supposed pullets is either growing her comb & wattles with hormonal vigor, or it is a very late blooming ROO.... sigh.... I love them all, would NOT give/sell one to someone for it to become dinner, but if it is another roo, that would mean I now have FIVE roos and only 19 hens/pullets (not including the two guinea girls). I see either some separate pen / coop building or some rehoming coming up... If you're interested, pm me and I'll give you more details. Hatch date was April 8, 08. BTW, I'd be willing to meet you partway. Where is Windsor?

well this sucks, i cant find any buff orpington roosters around here
sad.png
, guess i will have to post that im looking for one, guess i'll get him out of there and not hatch them eggs! thanks for the info!

I say keep him and get that rose comb going!!

"~~Orpingtons First Exhibited in America in 1890 Single Comb Black Orpingtons were first exhibited at the show of the Massachusetts Poultry Association, held in Boston , in 1890. Single Comb Buff Orpingtons were first exhibited at the Madison Square Garden Show, New York , in 1899, twelve single entries and one pen being the total. In 1901, the entries increased to nineteen single and one pen of Buff Orpingtons, Charles Vass, Wallace P. Willett, and Doctor Paul Kyle being the exhibitors. At New York in 1909-10, 157 Single Comb Buff, 122 Single Comb Black, 134 Single Comb White, 17 Diamond Jubilee, 5 Spangled, 25 Rose Comb Buff, 13 Rose Comb Black, and 5 Rose Comb White Orpingtons were exhibited, making a total of 478 Orpingtons-a remarkable showing for a breed of English origin in a country where there was supposed to be little demand for poultry with white skin and white or black shanks."

Back
Top Bottom