Rosecomb Thread

Hannah, way to show me up there!
tongue.png
Your birds look nice! Rick Hare has what colors of Rosecombs?

Quote:
Aren't they? If ever you get any, you'll just fall in love with them. They really are striking.

Erin, my Plummer chicks are growing fast. I'll get some pics. I can't believe you got all pullets! That never happens!! I can't wait to see how my black boy from Katherine turns out. I would have loved a bbred boy, but am kinda glad I got a black. I can put him with my black hens from you and see what I get. I can also use him with the bbred pullet from Katherine to eventually get more bbreds.

I'll get some pics of my Rosecombs as soon as I get a chance. Just been really busy around here. And boy is it ever hot!

Oh, and Hannah, gorgeous birds!!
love.gif

Quote:
Aren't they? If ever you get any, you'll just fall in love with them. They really are striking.

Double post

Last edited:
I just switched around my breeding pens so, Im not freeranging til everyone gets settled and I HATE coops shots... no where near does the birds any justice so, I dug up some older ones.

Here's my current roo in his glory days (last year) Rosecombs, like any breed, peak at around a year old but, then quickly decline. If you ever have a male that looks just as fantastic at 2 or 3 as he did at 1, he's a keeper!
100_3697.jpg

10091_100_3842-1.jpg

and a current shot of him and my breeding hens for this year
10091_018.jpg

a wheaten male
106.jpg

female
104.jpg

and the blue wheaten and splash wheaten pullets all the way to the right... these girls are only 4 months old
10091_012.jpg

Here's a close up of the wheaten cockerel head. They need some work
194.jpg

as compared to this black cockerel I sold earlier this Spring
198.jpg

BUT, the wheaten tails Im pretty happy with and this has been a bit of an issue with my black males
188-2.jpg

Erin Beautiful birds!!! So if you breed a BBred to a Black what will you get? Could I do a pen of Blacks, Blues, BBreds, and Blue Reds?

Can we play Rosecomb Thread too, if our little Rosie is just a beloved pet? We got her for 2 dollars from a little kid at a "Rare Breeds Farm Show" here in Illinois. We are wondering, since she stopped laying eggs, she's 2 and a half years old, does that mean she's done laying eggs?

She's our little birdfriend:
25976_moms_phone_6-21-09_128.jpg

Here's her daughter, from mixing with our black Silkie rooster, turned out blue:
25976_moms_phone_6-21-09_132.jpg

and here's her son, also mixed from black Silkie rooster, very pretty and very nice pet, too:
25976_285753.jpg

But WOW! some of these rosecombs are SO FANCY! Would love to see more photos posted!

Back
Top Bottom