Rouen Duck thread

Pics
so im guessing the rouens whose bills are starting to change color are gonna be males is that right? haha sorry for so many questions im new to this and i dont know much about raising ducks so im just trying to figure out everything about telling sexes apart thanks in advance guys :)
woot.gif

Here a picture of mine at 3 months. He's getting his green feathers on his head. The sad thing is he found my large pond and never came back home but every once in a while I see him with other wild duck.

so im guessing the rouens whose bills are starting to change color are gonna be males is that right? haha sorry for so many questions im new to this and i dont know much about raising ducks so im just trying to figure out everything about telling sexes apart thanks in advance guys :)
woot.gif
If you scroll back through the other posts you will see pictures of the changes the males will go through. The best tell tale signs are the colors on his head like in carousel86's photo above.

So I bought 2 rouen ducks Saturday they are kinda small I don't know their age either I was told they were male and female so I was just wondering as smaller ducks are their bills normally dark orange with black or is it only females with orange? Tried to upload a picture and its not working but ill keep trying.

So I bought 2 rouen ducks Saturday they are kinda small I don't know their age either I was told they were male and female so I was just wondering as smaller ducks are their bills normally dark orange with black or is it only females with orange? Tried to upload a picture and its not working but ill keep trying.

At such a young age their bill colors don't mean anything. Were they in separate bins? Or did they vent sex them?

At such a young age their bill colors don't mean anything. Were they in separate bins? Or did they vent sex them?
she said they quack sexed them which I havnt really heard them make any noise except peeping sounds when they play in water when I got them they seemed OK but when I got them home one got pretty aggressive when I get near it It starts breathing hard and lowers his head and opens his mouth even though aggressive its so cute I just pick em up and cuddle them and they calm down

she said they quack sexed them which I havnt really heard them make any noise except peeping sounds when they play in water when I got them they seemed OK but when I got them home one got pretty aggressive when I get near it It starts breathing hard and lowers his head and opens his mouth even though aggressive its so cute I just pick em up and cuddle them and they calm down

Hmm do they have feathers yet?

Back
Top Bottom