Rouen Duck thread

Pics
So if my Rouens aren't seasonal layers what condions do they need there are no extra stressors than when they were laying except it is colder now, how cold can they handle or is that just depend on the bird too?

So if my Rouens aren't seasonal layers what condions do they need there are no extra stressors than when they were laying except it is colder now, how cold can they handle or is that just depend on the bird too?

That may be why they aren't laying. Most domestic fowl just slow down egg laying during the winter, others will completely stop. I know when it gets real cold here, like in the negatives, my ducks won't lay or I will only find an egg. I have 11 females so for getting only one egg says something. They can handle pretty cold weather, it helps to have a couple of ducks so that they can lay together to keep warm. I also use heat lamps during cold weather and I use hay during the winter to give them something more nest like to help keep them warmer.

Hi all! I just wanted to share with you that from the 15 duck eggs we are incubating, 12 of which were previously refrigerated, we have 14 little heart beats today!!!! (day 4) I'll keep you posted. Happy New Year!

Hi all! I just wanted to share with you that from the 15 duck eggs we are incubating, 12 of which were previously refrigerated, we have 14 little heart beats today!!!! (day 4) I'll keep you posted. Happy New Year!

Congrats!!!! That's great news! I hope all goes well for you and this hatch. Please keep us updated. It will be interesting how many eggs end up hatching.

Need help My 7 ducks all came out of the same flock of 30 to 40 ducks. Yesterday they were fine. Today the 2 drakes started fighting. One is this years hatch they other is last years hatch. The older on is getting the worst of it.
Will Rouen's fight to death? Anyone have advise? I have the young one in a dog kennel tonight.
Separation didn't work
sad.png
! I'm selling a pair if anyone is interested.
They came from an NPIP flock and we are NPIP.
Will be going to the Sunshine Classic in Lake City Florida next weekend.

They have started laying
wee.gif

Have some eggs in the incubator, but only plan on hatching a few. Is anyone interested in hatching eggs?

Got a double yoker yesterday OMG it is huge. Its bigger than our turkey eggs.

Back
Top Bottom