Rouen Duck thread

5cdc9ce051fd22590fe29b0ff9cffc28.jpg
e47cc8fb371faca0724d71050cf8f4ea.jpg

A little fun in the rain...

The odd thing is its seems like only the one female is being mated as well as encouraging it with the head bobbing, the other female isn't seeing any action.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

One of our drakes has started a new behavior, he will chase me and the try to get in front of me and cut me off, he won't let me pick him up or touch him, its odd

Well we got them when they were over a week old they were never keen on being held and we didn't push the issue as much as we should so thats why it won't let me pick it up, but its not chasing with its head down, video soon to follow.

Another thing you have to watch for is if they are mating only one of the ducks she can get worn down pretty quick, if you see any signs she is being over mated you may need to separate the girls form the drakes for a while and let her get her strength back. You could try leaving the one female in with the drakes but they may start in on her too. the best ratio between drakes and ducks is 2-4 ducks to every drake

Last edited:
Well, the plan was to butcher the smaller drake which in now chasing, my wife think that's soo cute :-/ especially when he leads the charge to the front porch for everyone to come poop on. Also the other day, I saw them mating out light colored female. So I guess now its to the big drake but I think he'd produce bigger meat birds.

0.jpg

Well, the plan was to butcher the smaller drake which in now chasing, my wife think that's soo cute :-/ especially when he leads the charge to the front porch for everyone to come poop on. Also the other day, I saw them mating out light colored female. So I guess now its to the big drake but I think he'd produce bigger meat birds.

0.jpg
He sure is pretty but it doesn't look like he is chasing just following along with you. My Muscovy drake loves to walk with us.

Yeah, that's what I thought until he started cutting me off and then circling me like a shark

How long will a duck sit on an empty nest? My duck (Delilah) has been sitting on the nest she had 1 egg (don't ask me why bc that's what she had) and it is missing now it was due to hatch around Thursday of next week. I'm assuming it went "bad" and she kicked it out. My question is will she continue to sit or will she get off. I have fertile chicken eggs I could give her to sit on if that's the only way to get her to stop being a broody mess. Our male was removed from the pen just days before she went broody. Gah! Help!

Back
Top Bottom